Precision Engineers MNB
Accurate Machining Services
Established over 35 years ago, MNB Precision provides manufacturing and precision engineering services to the world’s leading companies across the Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail and other manufacturing industries that may require precision engineers.
We specialise in precision engineering, offering a broad range of in-house capabilities with a commitment to excellence in quality. Our Coventry based, 36,000 ft2 factory, provides services including:
- CNC Milling – The easiest form of getting accurate drilling for all type of materials. We have a variety of machines from Hartford HCMC 15 to Soraluc FL-8000.
- CNC Turning – We have many different CNC turning lathes giving us a wider range of opportunities.
- Jig Borer – Vertical or Horizontal jig boring, we have got it covered with 6 different machines!
- Spark Erosion – No cutting means any shape at any size. We can also offer initial designs if needed.
- Wire Erosion – Provides excellent accuracy for tight fighting parts.
- Grinding – We provide 5 various machines for precision grinding services.
- Shot Peening – Used to enhance the surface of different materials.
In-house capabilities are supplemented with a robust and controlled supply chain, enabling us to offer an efficient turnkey solution to customers. We can provide an initial designing process if it is required and we carry this out efficiently to ensure that no time is wasted.
Coordinate Measuring Machines Inspections
What are CMM inspections?
A CMM (coordinate measuring machine) inspection is where objects for products can be inspected for quality and measured. A Coordinate Measuring Machine is used to measure the dimensions and characteristics of an object. It can measure a single point in a 3D shape or the whole shape. CMM is made up of three axes X, Y and Z and each axis helps to measure the product as well as be able to position accurately in other precision machines.
Everything you need to know about CNC Machines
CNC Machining Explained
CNC (Computer Numerical Control) Milling Machines are controlled by software allowing you to create designs easily and the machine to create the product, simple. However, digging deeper into the world of CNC it can get more complex. For example, a CNC machine can host a wide variety of different functions including routeing, milling, drilling and cutting which means they are incredibly versatile machines.
The Basics to Wire Erosion
EDM (Electro Discharge Machining) Wire Erosion is a precision engineering process where a work piece is cut through with a strand of wire, it creates electrical sparks between the wire and the work piece, and these electrical sparks cut the work piece. It’s a cost-effective method that has incredible accuracy on thicker component parts. Wire cutting machines can cut complex shapes even in tough materials.