Our new Doosan SMX5100 Multi Axis
We recently took delivery of this beast. A new Doosan SMX5100 Multi Axis arrived at our Head Office MNB Precision Ltd. This new capacity will sit alongside our SMX3100 that was installed last year and will look to further increase our capacity in one hit machining.
The SMX 5100 multi-tasking machines are comprised of a number of different models and allows for maximum turning lengths of 4070mm and maximum turning diameters of 830mm. This will allow us to appeal to manufacturers based in a wide range of industries including energy, offshore, oil and gas and automotive. Our ability to provide increased accuracy and reliability, and produce complex parts quickly and economically has allowed us to continue to expand.
Technical specifications include:
- Capacity: up to 21” chuck/up to 165.5mm bar diameter
- Max turning length: up to 4070mm
- Main Spindle power/speed: 37kW/up to 2,400rpm
- Sub-spindle model: 37kW/up to 2,400rpm
- Y-axis: 520mm (+260/-260mm)
- B-axis: 30rpm/240 degrees
- Milling capability: 37kW/10,000rpm
- Tool changer: 40/80/120 position
- Tailstock: Servo-driven
- Control: CUFOS